The question of late has been will Randi be getting a niece or nephew in return for giving us 2 nephews and a niece? Not that Steve and I are terribly wrapped up in this- if we were, obviously we'd find out, but it seems that's all anyone around us wants to discuss. We've actually been accused of knowing and not saying based on our choice of blue/green for the nursery and the blue/green in the registry (it matches the blue/green of the nursery). No, we don't know. So, for amusement, here's our compilation of "insights" from friends, family and perfect strangers.
"Indicator" __________________ "Conclusion" ____ Votes
Carrying low _______________________ Boy _____Too many to count
Carrying low _______________________ Girl __________ 1
Carrying high ______________________ Boy __________ 1
Carrying high ______________________ Girl __________ 2
Active Baby _______________________ Boy ___________ 2
Irrational Moods____________________ Girl ___________ 1
No Morning Sickness _________________ Boy __________ 3
Soldatke Female Dominance Gene ________ Blond Girl ______ 2
Mother's Intuition* __________________ Boy ___________ 1
Father's Sheer Will __________________ Healthy ________ 1
Over-analysis of old ultrasound __________ Girl __________ 2
Over-analysis of old ultrasound __________ Boy __________ 1
*My own guessing record is 2-2. I correctly guessed the gender of Uno and Duplex, but was wrong with Tricycle and Beeblebrox.
And what scientific study would be complete without help from the internet?
It's a boy if:
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute (dunno)
You are craving salty or sour foods (nope)
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese (nope)
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy (warmer actually)
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy (don't think so)
Your hands are very dry (nope)
Your pillow faces north when you sleep (huh? not sure)
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you (can't say)
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever (I've always looked great)
Your nose is spreading (of course not)
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles (to be determined)
You are having headaches (no, actually I'm having fewer than i did before)
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number (27+4=31, nope)
It's a girl if:
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute (dunno)
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear (hope not)
Your hair develops red highlights (no)
You are craving sweets (yes)
You are craving fruit (fruity candy if that counts)
You crave orange juice (not particularly)
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy (as i said, I've always looked great- Steve says so)
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy (yes, even if Steve says "of course not dear")
Your face breaks out more than usual (nope)
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread (huh? I've never eaten the heel of the bread)
Your pillow faces south when you sleep (huh? Dunno)
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side (again, TBD)
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number (31, yep)
Internet conclusion: girl
Friends/Family/Strangers Conclusion: boy (8 + a lot of votes vs. 8 votes)
We had a check-up yesterday (all is well) but we didn't get any good ultrasound pictures because our doctor was afraid we'd be able to tell if it were a boy or a girl. From the pictures, I can't even tell if it's a baby! Blogger is being a nuisance so I can't post them- i'll make Steve do it later.
1 comment:
Enoyed this blog, first off, Jude is absolutely beautiful..he sure looks like a big boy and HE WAS BORN on my Mothers birthday..how wonderful for Randi and Drew and the children. Now you know we would love to know the sex of your baby but I understand as I did not want to know either, plus I just felt it would be a boy from the very beginning. The new pics are hard to open and see so I guess if Steve puts them up on the blog we will be able to see them better. Happy all is well, love Mom Lake
Post a Comment