Randi was here for the first week, until the 8th, and praise God for that. Can you think of anyone better than a midwife/mom/(practically) professional house cleaner to babysit us while we babysat Wynne? Unless you said Supernanny, you are wrong. And with our nephew Jude here, we were about 2 babies short of a nursery, but with all the crying in stereo sound. I have to admit here the house is much emptier this week with them gone, but especially Jude. You never knew when you might casually stroll into a room and find him laying on the floor on his back, arms extended out wide like Touchdown Jesus, and quietly breathing in a way that was rythmic and flemmy at the same time. Add the wide eyed look and the easy smile, and it was a bit like having a 3 month old Buddha at your feet. I guess what I am trying to say in a delirious way is that we miss him! And we hear he misses Doha, too. Apparently, Jude realized that houses don't necessarily have to be filled with the yelps of older siblings, and now he wants some peace and quiet! Hang in there, Randi. We'd give you some advice but frankly we have no idea what we are doing.
-S
4 comments:
Amen to that Erin. We all think we know and say to ourselves that "we can do this" only to discover that "yikes" what have I gotten into. Once the initial shock of peace and quiet is over you go with the flow and learn each day how easy it is as the baby adjusts to being out into the world with strange smells, sounds etc. I have viewed all of the pictures on the CD and I love the ones of you and Wynne just holding her where your hair is wispy arund her and her looking so content. I show them all to everyone, you know me, a "proud grandmother". Well, enjoy each moment to the fullests as there will be a time when you wish she was little again. I send love, Peggy/mom
It gets better- lots better. Then at some point you look at each other and say," let's have more, LOTS more!!"
One of our pastors say that God uses marriage to sanctify us (make us more like Christ). After Titus was born, Luke said, "and God sure uses kids to sanctify us."
I think admitting that it's tough and would like help is the best attitude to have right now. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Amber
Just read your blog and must say I did have a little chuckle...First of all Wynne is just beautiful and very precious...As for her crying Erin let that be music to your ears, my dear...I would give the world to hear my daughter cry again , unfortunately she passed away from complications of juvenile arthritis. For you and Steve and every other new parent it is a daily learning process and will bring more joy to you both with each passing day. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we were lucky enough to have the wisdom of the older generation as we were having our precious children...would certainly make it much easier...but never fear just wing it and it will all be super...baby is teaching you both new things about life more than you could even imagine..Looking forward to seeing more pictures as I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them...May your days ahead be filled with total joy...
opps previou blog was from Brenda...
Post a Comment