Monday, March 31, 2008

Life With Wynne- An Update

Our daughter slept until 5 this morning- shattering her old record of 3 a.m. I wish it was just because she felt so inclined but it's presumably a consequence of her immunizations yesterday. I told her this morning that she should keep that up on her own or we'll have to get her immunized every day. I'm hoping the "threat" worked:-) 

Yep, yesterday was her 2 month check-up. Wynne now a double chin and has packed on more than 2 pounds in 3 weeks, bringing her back up to the 50th percentile at just shy of 11 pounds. She's also smarter than most babies (okay, she really just has a big head) but she's short. I figure now that her girth has caught up, her length will be next! Anyway, one happy, healthy baby. The immunizations went like you'd expect them- she cried and I almost did (they made me hold her hands while they gave her the shots and it was saddest cry I've heard from her ever! Why do they make parents do that???). 
Did I mention she's smiling? She's been smiling for about 4 weeks now but this last week, she's really gotten into it. She now smiles in response to us rather than randomly. Random smiles are hard to catch in a picture but hopefully, now that we can cause her to smile, we'll get more happy baby photos to share.

We've been asked several times how London and the visit with her Grandparents went- they both went very well. Steve's working on documenting the London trip. Grandma and Grandpa Kock were here 3 weeks ago and got to see pretty much all there is to see in Qatar and have come to fully appreciate the joys of traveling half-way around the world. They had a great time with their granddaughter who was thankfully cute and smiley for them! They'll get to see her again in May and who knows how many chins she'll have then??? 
Thanks Jeffie for the nice pacifier!

As for me, I'm doing well. I go back to work next week- and yes, I'm looking forward to it. Being a stay-at-home mom has been nice, but I'm ready to be back at work. It's easy though since Steve will be home with her until we go back to the states on vacation in May. It'll be tough once we're leaving her home with the nanny (we're working on securing one so once it's settled, we'll tell you about her).

I have finally packed away all the maternity clothes. I didn't wear much of them anymore but lived in the tshirts and lounge pants (this is why steve is happy to send me back to work- when i stay at home, i hardly bother with my appearance!). I'm now back into regular clothes with only a couple pounds to lose to get back to pre-baby weight.  Of course, some clothes are snugger than they used to be and there's still some jeans I can only look at. I know my sister was quite excited to retire her maternity wardrobe, but I liked not having to worry if the clothes i felt like wearing would fit or would show my little poochy belly I'm trying to get rid of. Oh well. I've still not broken out the work wardrobe- still afraid to find out what fits and what doesn't! 

Also, in steps towards "old Erin"- I made it back to the gym. My trainer has resigned but I expected that (she'd been talking about different opportunities for a while). Steve and i have also negotiated ways for us each to get to the gym while still not leaving wynne home alone. And the last piece of life news- i got my hair cut. I've complained about getting my hair cut here before- it's always a roll of the dice. Will they understand "trim" or "just a little bit" or even "STOP!"? Well, intending for a trim, as i was hoping to get back to a previous long hair style i loved, i now have short hair again. It's just above my shoulders and i should post a picture but I don't have one yet. In spite of the standard miscommunication- I think i like it. 

I think that's life. We're all doing well!

No comments: