1- It takes discipline to stay motivated.
2- It takes motivation to stay focused.
3- It takes focus to change a poopy diaper.
4- A clothespin doesn't hurt, either.
Erin has taken to calling me and Wynne by "Weeve" - aka Bennifer or Brangelina. If I ever do this, please virtually slap me. Anyway, it went well and I learned a lot. You can't make the days 100% scheduled because life gets in the way. But you can't leave it to chaos either. So I decided to arrange the day roughly around Wynne's two naps.... we try and do specific kinds of playing at different times. For example, we do muscle stuff like tummy time, sitting up, and pulling up during one play time, then dexterity games like reaching and grabbing for blocks and dolls, etc. at another time. Also, there is intellectual play where I put toys behind something else and try and teach her that they are still there (Object Permanence). Or, we play cause and effect games. Beyond that, we read and swim in the evenings. Lucky, lucky me that Wynne's an easy baby!
My thoughts on being a stay at home Dad are complicated. At times, I would prefer to "fit in" to the traditional role of working and coming home to wife and kids. Mostly though, I see how difficult this is (even with just one child) and I respect the challenge of this role. And, I recognize how lucky I am to be able to spend time with my daughter each day. I don't know if/when I will return to my career, but I know there are aspects of both lives that make me happy. And as a bonus, Wynne doesn't make me wear a suit and tie...
-S
3 comments:
What interesting pictures, but my favorite is of Wynne in the cart, of course. my little girl is growing up so fast. Love to you all, Mom
Hang in there Steve. I think you're doing an awesome job. Good for you doing the daddy day care duty!
T.
Hang in there Steve. I think you're doing an awesome job. Good for you doing the daddy day care duty!
T.
Post a Comment