Sunday, April 26, 2009

Moving in...

So it's a boy. We're unpacking at our new house this weekend (yea- only one more week in the apartment) and I ran across 4 bags of Wynne's baby clothes that I will have to get rid of. Was really hoping to get to use them again. Oh well. (No, there won't be any more after Lando. Oh, and we're NOT accepting any naming input. And we'll be keeping the name secret until his birth.)

As mentioned, we're unpacking and running across many things suitable for a garage sale. I have never had one and have never wanted to have one- but we've got so many big things (i.e. furniture) I can't just give them to good will (my usual course of action). Maybe I'll talk my sister into helping me with that when she visits in two weeks. Although we'll probably opt instead to go fabric shopping- she'll be making Lando's bedding like she did with Wynne. I'll rope her into making a matching quilt for Wynne's toddler bed. She's not into one yet, but someday soon-ish I imagine.

Unpacking has had an added element of surprise- we're unpacking boxes from Doha and others that were put into storage three years ago. I was super excited to see our kitchen appliances- oh how I missed them! I caught Steve reminiscing, looking through his old baseball cards. He's already planning on passing them onto Lando. So unpacking hasn't been all bad- but certainly exhausting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that steve has saved some things for his son. It must be exciting to go through boxes and rediscover things you have forgotten. I love digging into stuff packed away. Hope you are all settling into your new home. Peg