I’m wrapping up my third week of stay-at-home mom- two of those weeks all by myself. And by my count, roughly 10 weeks to go. But who’s counting? Okay, mostly I’m counting down to Adam turning 6 weeks old. I’m told that’s when it gets better.
By all measures, I’m doing waaaay better than I did with Wynne. I’m sleeping more and far less anxious and I don’t seem be having problems with postpartum this time. So, while staying home with two kids has been easier than it was staying home with infant Wynne, it’s not been an easy three weeks by any stretch of the imagination. Adam doesn’t cry as much as Wynne (knock on wood) and is generally a calmer baby. But at night, he has digestive problems which keep us up far longer than any of us would like. So I’m sleeping better but I’ve got a baby who isn’t... He also insists on being fed every 3 hours at night- Wynne would at least push her first feed to midnight (rather than 10:30) even at 3 weeks old. A sleep deprived mom is generally an impatient mom to a toddler. How does anyone do this? As if toddlers didn’t test one’s patience anyway. I'm pretty sure she will copy this look as a teen:
So, we’re doing pretty well. Wynne adores her brother (she apparently hasn’t noticed the correlation between mom’s cranky moods and her new brother). She’s gotten into mothering her doll Eve even more than before- it was limited to putting her in the stroller and undressing her. Now she takes naps, eats with a bib and bowl, goes potty, gets diaper changes, and gets her “boogers” sucked out with the “booger sucker” (I’m not sure what the real name of this torture device is). Oh, and baths. Sometimes Eve goes right in the water when mom isn’t paying enough attention.
Other things Wynne’s into- she’s learned to unscrew the knobs on her dresser (I’ve now glued them on but now has discovered other things in the house have knobs), how to liberally self-apply baby oil and shampoo (NOT WHILE BATHING - again, Mom’s not paying enough attention), and Yo Gabba Gabba (a rather disturbing children’s show- but I suppose they’re all weird). She is also very into “stuff”- whenever she goes anywhere, she’s got her hands full of stuff- toys, things of interest, stuff she found, etc. She never goes outside without juggling seven acorns and three sticks upon returning. Oh, and potty training is going well. She’s pretty much accident free at home and on short outings. For long outings, naptimes and bedtimes, she’s still in a diaper. Another of her current obsessions is the teapot her grandma gave her...it plays so so many songs...
I think that’s it for news. Oh, but the best news is that my house is going to be cleaned today- and not by me! I’m so excited to have a clean house again! Unfortunately, this is a one-time cleaning through a local maid service called Merry Maid- then I’m on my own again. I’m looking forward to the clean...
-Erin
2 comments:
Props to you Erin...sounds like you're doing just fine! Glad you're sleeping better. Love Wynne's teapot!
Thought I had commented on this one. I love the smile on Wynne's facae. I am so pleased she loves her tea pot, I "giggled" when I found it and played it. I will have to have "tea" with Wynne whenI arrive at Christmas time. Love this blog. Love Peggy
Post a Comment