Um, yeah, so I'm back at the internet café - NO, we dont have internet yet. YES, we should soon inshallah.
In the March 23rd post, my esteemed wife mentioned we are playing in a local softball tourney, and she ably pointed out our near $100 in "softball" gloves. I say "softball" because the pocket on these gloves are clearly meant for a sport with a smaller ball, say for instance, golf. Trying to catch a softball gives us approximately .2% room for error. I mention that because I wanted to point out that Erin is, as we say in softball lingo, a total ringer. I discovered this during our practice last Friday - I already knew she could toss a football with skill - she looked quite comfortable out there. For someone who hasn't played since she was in middle school, that was impressive. Her throws make that nice "thwap" sound when they hit the glove. I volunteered to be a relief pitcher, given my experience in a few stateside leagues, and soon found myself pitching practice, but providing very little actual "relief". While I pitched, Erin deftly cutoff various screaming line drives hit in her direction (I seem to remember most everybody hit line drives, none of off my head thank goodness). More to report - next practice Friday.
In other news, we bought a few cookbooks and we've been experimenting with local cuisine. We made Coconut Chicken Masala the other night. It's an indian dish and a curry, served as is, but we put it over rice. Now, as we cooked it, we were aware of the vast number of spices needed to make it, but we really didnt pick up on the fact that we added 2 TABLEspoons of chilly powder to it. (BTW, I didn't misspell - the package says CHILLY POWDER- ah, the irony) As we sat down to eat with our glass of wine, we soon discovered that it might be a tad spicy, since both dinners had burned through their ceramic bowl. Just kidding, but after we tried it, we immediately darted back to the kitchen for milk. Despite this, it was really really good, and we'll probably make it again, except with a tad less "chilly".
- Steve
5 comments:
Worth noting about my husband's exaggeration of my softball skills- i played RIGHT FIELD. Line drives don't go to right field. In fact, very little goes to right field and there were 5 us out there to field whatever came our way. I did get out of the way of a few speedy grounders though! Oh, and from right field, Steve appears to be an excellent pitcher.
I love reading your posts, always one adventure after another. :-) This is a great way to keep in touch! By the way, is anyone else reading these?
And you may want to try to down those spicy dishes with a bit of Tang. Yum. :-P
I don't know if anyone else reads the comments. Dad reads the blog regularly and so do a couple of my friends I think... I check your blog all the time and I'm appreciative of the weather reports in Phoenix. Maybe you could post about your adventures. Like why did you take Monday off? Where did you go? What did you do?
You kids need to do a comedy routine, when you get back, I am really enjoying these blog entries, cute guys. I am thinking of printing them off and having them spun into a book maybe a best seller or a movie could be made, like Steve and Erins excellent adventures. Oh wait that title maybe have been used before.
Oh by the way is there anyway we could send you some popcorn, I assume you prefer Orville's
Love pops
Post a Comment