Saturday, April 1, 2006

April's Fools

Happy April Fools Day-

Thank you to all of you who have so generously offered to mail us popcorn. I expect that soon Erin and I will have a healthy black market popcorn racket going. Don't worry, we'll send you all a cut of the profits!



A little while ago in a previous post Erin mentioned how I broke the oven. Now, you can see for yourself the kind of damage an agitated nearly 200 pound male can cause simply by standing on something flimsy.

Since then, maintenance fixed it up real nice, gluing and repairing the cracks, inserting plywood between the oven and countertop, and sanding it all down, giving it kind of a faux cracked look. It went so well that Erin wants me to break the rest of the counter too, so it will match.

We had our second and final softball practice yesterday and we have three games next week. After a slow start, Erin once again impressed and she got a couple of hits off of ME, since I was pitching at the time. She suspects now that due to her prowess she's going to be plugged in at shortstop, not her favorite position because it does not allow for the moments of introspection you can get while playing right field. She typically has practiced in right field, which in softball is famous for never ever having a ball hit there. Something to do with the ball being pitched quite slowly and 99% of all batters being right handed, so they nearly always pull it to left field. Einstein actually worked out the theory of relativity on the back of his mitt while playing right field in a 1940's softball game. But back to Erin. I'm biased, but I think whatever position she plays she'll be the best player out there. Aww. Me, I have been playing third base or pitcher. Both of those positions are known for screaming line drives and bad hop grounders, so I'm probably the player most likely to have to be identified by his dental records after the game. We'll find out next week.


-Steve






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Son can you answer this riddle, why does a 200lb agitated male stand on a stove? Were you jumping and down demanding more popcorn? Color me crazy, but it sure sounds like you guys are still madly in love, So happy for you both, Erin honey your amazing, you fish, clean and cook them, play softball, you are every male's dream mate, lucky you Steve.