Monday, April 3, 2006

Let's go upstairs!

SO this is my second tour upstairs- the first was lost somewhere between my desktop and internet...
This is upstairs in the area that has no name. It's a fairly large area considering that it's nameless. As you might be able to tell from the light, we've got a couple of skylights- they're about 10 feet up from the ceiling at this level. The open door on the left is a bathroom and the one on the right is the office. On your left are 2 bedrooms and a sort of utility "nook" with a big sink. Behind you to your right is the master bedroom.

The office is a bright shade of what we call "smurf" or "bahamian blue". I've included two pictures of the office- one shows the office better and the other shows the blue better. It's quite bright!

All the bathrooms pretty much look the same. We've got 3 upstairs and one half bath downstairs. They all have bidets. Our neighbor is having the compound carpenter build little tables to place over the bidets. She'll then cover them with a tablecloth. I can't decide which is wierder to me but I think we'll stick with the bidets. It just seems the table would be more unexpected in the bathroom- maybe with a vase of flowers and family pictures? We'll see how it turns out I guess.

Worth looking at is the border in the bathroom. 3 of our bathrooms had unique borders. Our bathroom had a very vivid floral pattern and the guest bathroom had some pink flowers. Very much not our taste. Last night we discovered they just peel right off- it's self-adhesive wall paper border. We pulled it out of 2 bathrooms but left it in this one- we peeked at the tile design underneath, and believe me, this is better.

There are 2 bedrooms in addition to the master bedroom. As we understand, the previous tenants had two 13 year-old daughters. One of the bedrooms has a bathroom off it and the other doesn't. Also, the comforter is a loaner from Oxy- it really adds to the room we think:>)

We're nearing the end of our tour! Our bedroom has a great view for us and the cats- the tree outside our window flowers and has lots of birds- what more can we ask for? To the left, there are some closets (nothing like what we left in Houston) and a bathroom. For the curious, that is our bedding, but our duvet is on the boat...

Our last stop on the tour is for everyone who read "maid's quarters" on the previous post and said "what?!?!?" "Household help" is common here and those with kids usually have live-in maids (cats don't justify it although sometimes cleaning up after me must!). It's about the size of a shed and is right off the kitchen. I'm not sure I could have anyone live in there and not feel guilty although sure small children could probably change my mind!

Hopefully, the full tour (in all its glory) will be up soon! More importantly (to us) is getting the place painted and receiving our sea shipment. It'll be nice to have a place that looks like our home!

-Erin

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am loving the paint colors! I don't know why you would EVER want to change them. ;-)

Erin said...

You could paint your house in those colors. I'll send you samples so you can get the shades just right!

Anonymous said...

A great tour. Not bad digs and you will place your special touch on it soon and it will be "home".
Please, leave the bidets! No tables in the john covering them.
Ray

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great idea, Erin! I've always wanted to have a color palette that gives me a headache. Do you think Scott would like it?